Tuesday 7 January 2014

Mock Ups

Since it's been a while since i've updated this blog, i thought i would share my mock up ideas for the book "The Outsiders".

As you can see my ideas for my mock ups are based upon my research on the designers: Eric Tan and Malika Favre. I went for a minimal style as personally i enjoy this kind of artwork and enjoyed creating my mock ups in this style. For my mock ups i stuck with a consistent theme throughout, of having a greaser hair style and the same fonts. I decided to experiment with different colour schemes to see which one would stand out the most and which colours would contrast better with each other.

This is my first mock up. I decided to go for the white background, even though it seems quite plain i think the other elements make up for it such as the red title, this gives the illusion of blood dripping. Also the black hair stands out much more bold here and is quite eye catching.
 For my second mock up I decided to change the background colour to black and the hair style to white. This gives a much darker tone to the book and overall a more serious look. Personally this is my least favourite out of the three due to the colour of the hair. However if i changed the colour of the hair to red it still wouldn't look very effective. Although i think the red text looks the strongest in this mock up.




For my third mock up i changed the colour of the text to black and the background colour to red. As much as i liked the red text it still looks effective in black and the background colour of red is really strong and eye catching. I think this is my favourite mock up out of the three and the one i will be using for my final design.




No comments:

Post a Comment