Tuesday 7 January 2014

Final Design Idea

So after creating my mock ups I did a crit to my peers in the class, i changed my Mock Ups and created my Final Design Idea.


This is my final design idea. Mainly there aren't many changes from my mock up to this initial idea.

What i did change however is the layout of the text to centralise it more and the overall front image to be more in the centre of the page. I also decided on this colour scheme instead of the other two as most people said that this was the strongest out of the three initial designs.


After i created my final design i had to create an A2 poster that would be used to promote the book, for example in a book shop window etc.

My ideas were initially a play on the front cover design that i had and make a simplistic version that would be visually loud so it is eye catching to the audience and viewers.


This is my first book poster. I thought i would create a 3D render of my book cover to give a visual image of what the book would look like. As you can see i still stuck with the theme of the front cover book by using the same colour scheme and font choices. I thought it would also be a good idea to put the penguin book logo at the bottom of the poster so it is clear that it is a penguin book which the publishers will benefit from and possibly get more people to buy the book if they see that it's a penguin book.


This is my second poster idea. I think this idea is weaker than my first poster however in this idea i wanted to draw away from the initial theme i had in the first place with the same colour scheme. Particularly i like the knife with the blood dripping onto the main title text. I feel the font has a stronger effect here than it does on the other poster which is why i created the mock up in this way. However the poster itself doesn't seem to be a poster for a book as it doesn't show a physical copy of the book, and you wouldn't know what the poster meant unless you had read the book and understood the themes.







No comments:

Post a Comment