Wednesday 11 June 2014

Why is my website all on one page?

In  this post i thought i would talk about my decision of making my website on a single HTML page instead of spread across different pages.

When researching different websites for inspiration a lot of them were shown on a single page and their content wasn't spread across many different pages. At first i thought it was a unique take on website design. I know for sure that I wouldn't want to create a website that takes a long time to scroll from the top to the bottom but it still needed a decent amount of content. However with making it all on one single page i think it saves a lot of confusion for trying to find specific content that could potentially be on another page that's difficult to locate.


A .GIF showing the navigation of my website.


So for the navigation instead of linking to another page I use anchor points. Anchor points are when you can link to other parts on the same page. For example when a website uses a 'back to top' button they use an anchor to link to the top of the page when the user clicks on the button. Essentially my website does the same for the entire website navigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment