Wednesday 11 June 2014

Validity and Accessibility of my Website

Validation

As the website comes to a finish I needed to ensure that the website was validated by w3 so it would work correctly if I did publish it.



When i first went to validate my Index.html page it had 55 errors and 2 warnings, i was told that the warnings were nothing to worry about but i had to fix the errors in my code. Fortunately the errors in my code were nothing major that could potentially break my website. A lot of the errors were minor issues such as "Include Alt text for your img" which i needed to do for all of them, as well as closing tags that i had left open which all of them were </a> tags so again these were nothing major.

Accessibility

For our Websites as well as testing if they were Validated, we also had to check if they were accessible to other users that need certain requirements to view websites.

On w3 they had a general list that websites need to be able to pass the accessibility test.
Looking at my website i know that it has passed the accessibility test. It does have a page title, alt text for images, headings etc. The colours are strong and opposite to each other so anyone that requires visual aid should not have a problem viewing my website and hopefully anyone with any disability that requires certain needs to be able to view my website.



No comments:

Post a Comment